- In the event that video clip shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal stats, writers want to demonstrate that permission was acquired. in case a consent that is patient ended up being given to the associated article, you don’t have to produce this once more when it comes to video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Usually they are standard choices from your own modifying pc computer computer software. a guide that is comprehensive offered by the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the website that is hightail. Please through the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number when you look at the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your movie has to be gotten by the time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that in the event that you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All video abstracts will soon be evaluated for suitability because of the editorial publication and team just isn’t guaranteed in full. In a few instances editors may request edits to your movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article online and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They’ve been posted beneath the exact same copyright terms while the article.
Article processing costs
During submission, writers can decide to own their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can elect to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the standard choice of black and that is white GBP 250. There aren’t any distribution, web page or online-only colour figure costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please follow this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 data policy. We strongly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. All research articles must include a Data Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs may be very theraputic for the research community that is whole.
Please find additional information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below specs like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining dining table limitations and guide counts. The term count excludes the name web web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts must be since succinct as you possibly can.
For further help when coming up with your distribution please reference the resources available regarding the BMJ Author Hub. Right right Here you will discover informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the peer review process and marketing your paper. You may need to make use of the language translation and editing solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete length or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be produced for this, especially in the actual situation of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will think about the merits associated with the instance for longer documents on a case-by-case foundation, but documents much longer than 5000 terms will never be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper offered the room restrictions associated with log.
Authors will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the research the following:
- What exactly is currently known about this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, perhaps maybe perhaps not obscure.
- Just just just What essential gaps in knowledge occur on this subject.
- exactly exactly What this research adds. In a single or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward response to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand due to this research that people would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Word count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much write my essay for me as 5
recommendations: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not surpass 1500 terms, and may also add one dining table or figure.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication should really be a optimum of 500 terms, 10 sources, and something figure or table. Those answering articles posted within the log is submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered into the text of a write-up. They ought to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research data but which give a conversation, analysis, or overview of a specific topic. Generally speaking these should always be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room limits.
This short article kind is susceptible to interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, frequently concerning a specific topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, will include an abstract utilizing the following headings: objective, data sources, research selection, data extraction, information synthesis, and conclusions Authors submitting review manuscripts and reports for the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms underneath the following headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start by having a exact declaration for the main objective of this review. The main focus of the declaration is directed by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It must consist of information regarding the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or outcome that is being reviewed.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of data sources should always be offered, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, meeting procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of pertinent articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In case a database that is bibliographic utilized, the precise indexing terms useful for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or individual topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to choose studies for detailed review from among studies defined as strongly related this issue. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, outcomes, or designs that are methodological. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements ought to be specified – as an example, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements ought to be stated.
- Information removal – tips useful for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and legitimacy (such as for example requirements for causal inference) must be described. The strategy through which the rules had been used should always be stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, should really be stated. Techniques utilized to get these total outcomes should really be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes and when feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical results is combined with self- confidence intervals, if relevant, and exact quantities of statistical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running attribute curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies ought to be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must certanly be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation to your domain regarding the review. The necessity for brand new studies can be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, figures and recommendations)
this short article kind is at the mercy of internal and outside peer review.